Monday, January 20, 2014

1033- H.Stab- p.8-9 step 4-6

Horizontal Stabilizer - 5 hrs 17 mins (H.S. 27:15, Empennage 79:23, Total 93:19)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 970)

A holiday off from work, and with it the ability to make some good progress. I worked on and off throughout the whole day, so I just merged everything into one video instead of seven short ones. Tedious progress is still progress. I started where I left off last time by match-drilling the skins to the skeleton. Once that was done, I was able to disassemble the whole thing after carefully labeling all the pieces. The second part of the night was spent deburring all the holes of everything that shares a rivet with the skin. That about summarizes the night. It's amazing that a short paragraph translates to 5.25 hours of work. I predicted minimum of 4.5, so not too bad.

The last things left to do are to scuff everything, dimple the skins and ribs, and countersink the two spar flanges. Then it's off to the races for cleaning and priming. -M



No comments:

Post a Comment