Friday, January 10, 2014

1031- H.Stab- p.8-8 step 5-8 & p.8-9 step 1

Horizontal Stabilizer - 2 hrs 1 mins (H.S. 20:17, Empennage 72:25, Total 86:21)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 970)

Bonus hours for the week, and I hit the three day mark for the empennage!!! I didn't think I was going to be able to work today.... Started off by deburring the edges of the HS skins. Then it was a matter of transferring the nose ribs from the spar assembly to the skins. It was a pain to cleco those in place with skins that aren't quite flexible. After, the plans call to cleco the remainder of spar assembly with inspar ribs in place. I almost put it in backwards, but caught myself fortunately.

The last step was to assemble the support braces and put those into the spar assembly, and lastly, cleco the rest of the skins to the spar and ribs. I used alot of clecos. An easy step to describe, but a timely step to accomplish... My hand hurts. This assembly will sit idle for the next six days, so plenty of time for the pieces to adjust. I also placed the rear spar in position so it wouldn't be leaning against the wall for a week. See you next week hopefully! -M



No comments:

Post a Comment