Monday, January 27, 2014

1037- H.Stab- p.8-6 step 1-2

Horizontal Stabilizer - 1 hr 7 mins (H.S. 40:23, Empennage 92:31, Total 106:27)
Rivet count: 84 (Total 1,054)

I started riveting the H-Stab today by putting together the second spar. If you notice from the page number, these were steps I skipped previously to avoid having to set up the alodine/priming steps a second time. It's the homestretch now, with only riveting left to go for this chapter!

I also had the chance to look ahead at the next chapter: Elevator. All I can say is wow, there is a lot going on at the same time there, and there are a lot of little pieces to keep track of. These chapters are obviously arranged from least to most involved. However, the motivation is high to continue to make steady progress. I have to balance this motivation with my Master's thesis. I'm on the final five weeks of the curriculum, and it is requiring a greater time commitment than I imagined. At least there is a finite time remaining until I won't have to worry about schoolwork any more. Additional balancing act in the form of planning a wedding also takes its toll. Luckily -L is helping out with more than her fair share, so it makes it much easier for me to focus on the other things.

I should also be finding out about a job application in the next few days. I'm really excited about the opportunity, and I'm hoping it works out. A lot of moving pieces all at the same time. Luckily, plane building is the most enjoyable and the most "therapeutic". Time just passes and my mind clears when I spend a short hour working in the garage. Probably more information than anyone cares to know, but I'll really enjoy reading this post in a few months when all the current bustle has passed and I'm dealing with a brand new set of priorities. -M



No comments:

Post a Comment