Monday, January 6, 2014

1027- H.Stab- p.8-4 step 1 & p.8-5 step 1-2

Horizontal Stabilizer - 2 hrs 17 mins (H.S. 9:27, Empennage 61:35, Total 75:31)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 970)

Last Friday, I spent 20 minutes installing the new bandsaw blade and then cutting the corners off the six pieces on p.8-4. I invested in a metal cutting blade and it worked a whole lot better. I'll just have to swap out blades for woodworking weekends nor when I have to make those H.Stab brackets in a few days. I didn't make a video or post it before heading out for the weekend.
Tonight was a boring night primarily spent polishing the sharp edges off of H.Stab pieces. I did barely start on match-drilling the spar, but nearly two hours of working the grind wheel takes its toll. Feeling re-energized to see pieces come together again. It is also frigid in the garage despite the fan heater with this "frost vortex" or whatever they are calling it passing through the country. I'll work on remedying that tomorrow night. -M



No comments:

Post a Comment