Thursday, January 23, 2014

1036- H.Stab- p.8-9 step 8

Horizontal Stabilizer - 4 hrs 45 mins (H.S. 37:16, Empennage 89:24, Total 103:20)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 970)

Made it to 100 hours! Started off by spending an hour to finish the machine countersinking of the two spars. Then spent 4 hours prepping the prime. I set up the alumiprep and alodine tanks again, and managed my way through all the H-Stab parts. Note to self: acetone, alumiprep and alodine all are extremely cold liquids and make your fingers numb. Glad that's done. I can see now why so many people start with the process and then give up later in the build. It's tedious, but now I have a beautifully gold-colored H-Stab. Time to make it green with AKZO next. I need to check the process sheet, because it may be too cold for priming tomorrow, and I refuse to do it enclosed in the garage again, after the mess it left last time. -M







No comments:

Post a Comment