Thursday, January 2, 2014

1026- H.Stab- p.8-3 step 3-4

Horizontal Stabilizer - 2 hrs 39 mins (H.S. 7:10, Empennage 59:18, Total 73:14)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 970)

Progress! I have eclipsed the 3-day mark of time spent on the project. To commemorate the occasion, here are three reasons why the "word of the day" is REGRESSION.

1- Two and a half hours to make two small brackets for the H-Stab is WAY too slow. I spent a lot of time trying to make things too perfect when it was completely unnecessary. I also noticed today my proficiency around the shop has suffered from the month off.

2- To make matters worse, I figured I'd measure and cut the pieces from the next step while I had the bandsaw out, but then my blade snapped on me. Tomorrow will require a trip to replace it.

3- The month of December was very good to me. Almost too good. Thanksgiving break, then two weeks in Las Vegas, and finally a week at home for Christmas equals a good bit of winter padding on the midsection.  The video reflects the lack of working out, and it's time to get on it and make it disappear. Ironman 70.3 training begins soon, so may as well get an early start since I've packed on a full 25 lbs since the full marathon last January. But enough about me, onward with the build... -M




No comments:

Post a Comment