Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1028- H.Stab- p.8-5 step 2-7

Horizontal Stabilizer - 2 hrs 21 mins (H.S. 11:48, Empennage 63:56, Total 77:52)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 970)

Awesome night of work despite the frost vortex outside. Started off by match-drilling the spar caps to the spar along the flanges and webs. Also deburred holes on the spar caps. Those two sentences took a full hour in the video. I paused recording for a phone call for five minutes, and the webcam froze on me (no pun intended) for the last hour. In that timeframe, I reassembled the spar caps to the spar, then attached the spar doubler and hinge brackets. After aligning the brackets, I match drilled through the entire assembly. This was "heavy" drilling and I found out that a new drill bit does wonders. Last, I had to countersink on the web of the doubler, and on the flange of the spar. Tomorrow I'll get to disassemble the whole thing and deburr all the holes.

Here's the final product after 80% of the clecos were removed.The video of the first half is below it. -M





No comments:

Post a Comment