Monday, November 4, 2013

1016- H.Stab- p.8-2 step 1-4

Workshop- 36 min (Workshop 12:56)
Horizontal Stabilizer - 1 hrs 56 mins (H.S. 1:56, Empennage 30:42, Total 43:38)

So I thought I was going to have time this weekend to do some priming, but I was out of town. Same goes for next weekend. Mid-week it will be. Tonight I started the Horizontal Stab. Cleco the rear spar and doubler together and match-drill and countersink. Also match drill the 8 hinge brackets to the spar. Deburr, Scuff, and set aside. First batch of the H.S. is ready for priming.

I finally got around to set up my drying rack: Simple construction out of PVC pipe, L's, and T's. I also got some 16 gauge wire and tested the concept by hanging the pieces of the V.Stab on one of the racks. Even was able to hang some pieces off other pieces. Success. For long pieces like the H.S. spars, I'll have to hang one end off each rack.

Tomorrow will consist of making the dunk tank for the H.S. and hopefully start the alodine process on  as many pieces as I can. You can see the dip tanks and distilled water hanging out in the back of the last few videos. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment