Tuesday, November 12, 2013

1017- V.Stab- p.6-4 step 7 & p.6-5 step 1-2

Vertical Stabilizer - 1 hr 59 mins (V.S. 17:20, Empennage 38:46, Total 52:12)
Rivet count: 84 (Total 90)

Assembled the rear spar pieces, and then attached the doublers to the rear and front spars. The riveting was slow at first as I was taking my time, but it sped up significantly as the night went on. I'll need to stay focused so I don't repeat the same mistakes from the practice kit due to going fast. 

Glad to see progress being made, and tomorrow the pieces will start taking on a shape!

I figured out that in my first month (four weeks), I worked ~37 hrs. This was a low number from my desired pacing, but I'm satisfied, given I didn't have a single weekend to utilize for long hours. Overall I'm happy with the progress, but I know that heading into Nov and Dec, the holidays and work travel are going to seriously hamper progress (I'll be out of town a total of three weeks in December alone!) I'll make up for it in 2014... -M



No comments:

Post a Comment