Thursday, November 7, 2013

1016.3- V.Stab p.6-4.5, Rudder p.7-6.13, H.Stab p.8-2.4 Part 2

Vertical Stabilizer - 1 hr (V.S. 15:01)
Rudder - 1 hr (Rudder 16:04)
Horizontal Stabilizer - 15 mins (H.S. 2:41, Empennage 36:27, Total 49:53)

I've eclipsed the two day mark. 7 minutes short of 50 hrs, which for a nominal 2,500 hour build means I'm 2% complete! (I'm sure it will be less in the long run, but time will tell)

I was going to prime last night, but I ran into a few logistical issues with setting up the HVLP gun. I primed this morning instead and I'm glad I did. I originally mixed up two cups of primer for the batch, and that got me about half way through the parts. A second batch of primer was necessary. 

The first thing I primed was one of the skins and I made it "orange peel." I was using way too much primer. I adjusted it a little better, and did the rest of the project but as look back on it now, I still used way too much primer. I need to figure out a better way to evenly distribute the paint. I'll keep searching the forums.

In the mean time, it's a trip to the Outer Banks for the holiday weekend, so the riveting will begin in earnest next week. Maybe I'll sneak in a rivet or two tomorrow just because. I started the build with 30 mins of work the day before a trip, and here will be 28 days later before a trip. It's only fair! -M


No comments:

Post a Comment