Friday, November 8, 2013

1016.5- V.Stab- p.6-4 step 6

Vertical Stabilizer - 20 mins (V.S. 15:21, Empennage 36:47, Total 50:13)
Rivet count: 6

The first rivets have been set!

I got home from work and noticed the primer had dried nicely. A few notes: 
The garage still reeked-- I'm spraying outside only from now on.
The smell is nauseating-- That filter I bought and used earlier is awesome. (HF special)
There was a thin coating of primer in dust form on the floor and I had to clean that up too-- ditto.
The use of a screen door to hold drying pieces works far better than a solid surface-- Thrift shop!

I also clecod the VS spar together and taped off holes that won't get a rivet. For now, the project goes on hold for the 3-day weekend. Thank a veteran this weekend... -M




No comments:

Post a Comment