Saturday, November 8, 2014

1062.1- Elevators- p.9-10 step 1 & p.9-17 step 7

Elevators- 6 hrs (Elevators 38:07, Empennage 161:06, Total 182:02)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 2,154)

Finally had a day where the weather cooperated! I was able to devote the whole day to getting the elevator parts cleaned and primed. Having left the parts sitting out for 6 months since I last worked on them, it was definitely required to give them a wipe down with an acetone rag. I debated scuffing them again, but figured the primer would be just fine. I'll find out the verdict in years to come.

First I primed the four skins to give myself a nice big area to practice on. I remembered to mask off the areas where the foam tabs go, but forgot to mask off the area where the trailing edge wedge will go. I'll need to figure out something to scuff or sand off the primer in that area now.

After, it was 68 more parts to prime. I'm really glad I was able to get it all done in a single day. Now I can put the tailcone on hold and start riveting together these elevators! -M



 

No comments:

Post a Comment