Monday, November 10, 2014

1064- Elevators- p.9-11 step 3-6

Elevators- 3 hrs 20 mins (Elevators 46:59, Empennage 169:58, Total 190:54)
Rivet count: 168 (Total 2,726)

Unfortunately, the first hour of work today was spent correcting a mistake from yesterday. After six months, I forgot the order that the ribs went on the top and bottom skins. I also failed to look at the picture in the instructions. I had to drill out 64 rivets. I'm really good at that now!

Then I finished riveting the ribs to the (correct) skins, and then used the hand squeezer (by the way, 4-X rivets are a pain with the hand squeezer) to attach the rear spar to the ribs. Also included in there are the two shear clips and elevator gusset on each elevator. It's nice to see the elevators coming together. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment