Sunday, July 12, 2015

1083.1- Tailcone- p.10-17 step 3 (part 1)

Tailcone- 3 hrs 0 mins (Tailcone 58:24, Empennage 233:56, Total 254:52)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 3,686)

It wasn't as nice of a day as yesterday was. For priming that is. It was a gorgeous blue sky day, but that meant I had to prime parts in the shade under the tree. I will not be doing that again... there was too much dust and bugs to keep track of. From here on out, I'll be waiting until the ideal overcast weather, or I'll just wait until dusk when the sun isn't heating up the metal directly.

Spent about an hour or so cleaning the parts that were ready with acetone, then set up the compressor and parts in the yard. I ended up making two batches of primer to get all the smaller parts, bottom skin, and 75% of the left skin. I still need all the frames/bulkheads, all the stiffeners/longerons, and the two top skins and right skin. Of course this doesn't include the random touchups for paint that didnt apply thick enough on all the pieces. I'm thinking three more batches and we'll be set... Now we just have to wait for the mailman to bring some parts in.. -M



No comments:

Post a Comment