Tuesday, July 7, 2015

1081- Tailcone- p.10-16 step 6-8 & p.10-17 step 1-2

Tailcone- 1 hr 31 mins (Tailcone 46:53, Empennage 222:25, Total 243:21)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 3,686)

As promised, we worked ahead to get the last few parts (bellcrank and battery brace) done. It was a short workday. Cut pieces, finished edges, deburred holes, and even some countersinking. In all of that, I forgot to scuff the parts, so tomorrow, I'll need to be careful around the countersunk holes. Tomorrow I will also be scuffing all of the remaining parts and pieces of the tailcone. Then, I'll go back and finish the countersinking step from last time. When all is done, steps 1-5 (countersinking the longerons and dimpling most of the parts) that I skipped today will finish up the assembly for the tailcone. Afterwards, it will be a matter of finding good weather in order to clean and prime all the parts before starting the riveting process. I feel like I'm moving along fairly quickly, but I know there will be endless hours of riveting those thousand rivets on the outer skins!!


No comments:

Post a Comment