Thursday, October 10, 2013

1003.5- Vertical Stab- p.6-2 Step 1

Vertical Stabilizer - 50 mins (V.S. 0:50, Empennage 3:31, Total 15:18)

Well, I'm officially an RV-10 builder! It's been rough holding myself back the last few days waiting for tonight. The fact that I busted my finger on Tuesday working on a wooden porch glider helped. See pic below, the swelling has subsided quite well. The 10th day of the 10th month to start the RV-10!!... 

Fabricated the V.S. spar caps by cutting the angles per the plans and then deburred all edges on them. Already learning a few tricks, too. The scotch brite wheel is going to get used up fast unless I make sure to make a few passes with the edge deburring tool first. Three firm passes seems to do the trick. Followed by two quick passes on each "corner edge" with the wheel. Also developing a habit that is working well for the actual corners of the stock pieces. I wonder if I'll be this detail oriented in a month's time?

Now I get to put the project on hold again. Going to visit -L's family in PA for the long weekend. More to follow on Tuesday. Cheers! -M



1 comment: