Thursday, October 24, 2013

1012- Rudder- p.7-6 step 3-5

Rudder - 2 hrs 4 mins (Rudder 7:26, Empennage 22:38, Total 34:25)

First things first. PPL is complete! I'm one step closer to being able to fly this beast one day. Only managed about 7 hours of RV work this week with the extra studying, and I'm gone for the weekend, so it will be time to turn things up a notch next week.

Today was a boring day. I'm starting to get into a rhythm when it comes to the repetitive clecoing, and also noticed the same previously for steps with drilling and deburring. It's a strange meditative process. Won't go so far as to say it's therapeutic, but definitely something to it. I'm sure it will come in handy for the large pieces like the wings and fuselage skins.

Started by peeling vinyl from skins. I spent way too much time with the ruler and gave up halfway and just winged it. No sense wasting time anymore in the future. Deburred edges on skin, then attached them to the skeleton along with the trailing edge after cutting it. The skin was not clecoing to the rudder horn for some reason, and I found out that one of the clecos holding the bottom rib together was attached in a way that it was interfering. Easy fix. There is still another area where the clearance isn't quite right, so I will have to email Van's about it. I'm guessing the answer will be to file down the edge of the hole in the skin that the rudder horn sticks out from.... -M



No comments:

Post a Comment