Tuesday, October 29, 2013

1013- Rudder- p.7-6 step 6-10

Rudder - 2 hrs 33 mins (Rudder 9:59, Empennage 25:11, Total 36:58)

I got my answer from Van's this afternoon and was able to work on the rudder again after 4 days of not. Match drilled the skins and then disassembled the whole thing for deburring. Tonight was one of those nights that after 2 hours of work it feels like nothing was done. However, in the grand scheme each minute adds up. I crossed the 25 hour mark tonight! On a nominal 2500 hour build for the project, I can now say I am 1% complete!

I still need to deburr the holes on the skin tomorrow, and then I can start scuffing and dimpling the skins and ribs. With the rudder nearly complete, this weekend is looking like an excellent time to break out the alodine and primer. I'll have to get -L to help!! This also means the first rivets should go on next week! -M



No comments:

Post a Comment