Friday, September 1, 2017

1093.1 The Third Workshop

Workshop - 2 hrs 0 min (Workshop 19:56, Total 294:19)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 5,337)

Yesterday was supposed to be the first full day of working on the plane in a very long time. Instead, I spent it working on the wife's car. We popped a check engine light, and the coolant flow control valve was at fault. $90 part, a full coolant flush, and six hours later, the car is back in working order. The plane however, is not.

A big thanks to T. for lending me some tools to get the job done! I met T. a few months back. Some pretty unique circumstances leading up to it. He's a couple miles down the road and also building an RV-10. He is significantly further along than we are. Leaps and bounds further... It's great to have someone around to pick their brain about the project as well as seeing what we are working towards.

However, I did take some time to organize things in the garage and the third workshop in this project is in working order. (Hopefully the last workshop until the eventual move to a hangar)

Making lemonade from lemons, I was able to use the car work to try out a new time lapse program. Up to now, I had been using Webcam Timelapse and taking a frame every 4 secs. At 15 frames per second on the videos, it meant a minute of video equaled an hour of work. I will now be using Video Velocity 3. It's compatible with a better camera than what I had been using. I will now be taking a frame every 2 secs and output a video at 30 frames per second. It is still the same ratio, but a smoother and more detailed product. Stay tuned for the first build video soon! -M

No comments:

Post a Comment