Wednesday, September 20, 2017

1097- Main Spar- p.13-3 step 3 & p.13-4 step 4-5

Section 13: Main Spar- 4 hrs 24 mins (Main Spar 20:04, Wings 23:04Empennage 265:24, Total 308:24)
Rivet count: 26 (Total 5,435)

Lots of countersinking today...lots...but I'll take any progress after six days straight of work. I finished off the rivet holes on the flanges of the main spars. Just have the #6 and #8 screw holes left to go. Also did the CSKs, deburring, priming, and riveting of the web of the root section of the spars. (There's twenty minutes that didn't make it on the video) Speaking of, I was excited to be almost done with the flanges, and then remembered I still have hundreds of deburrs left to do next time. Argh. Though on a positive note, I only have a few sessions left of section 13, and the next one may be the start of the nutplate attaching step. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment