Wednesday, September 13, 2017

1096- Main Spar- p.13-3 step 2 & p.13-4 step 1-3


Section 13: Main Spar- 2 hrs 2 mins (Main Spar 15:40, Wings 18:40Empennage 265:24, Total 304:00)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 5,409)

A nervous day as I began "carving" into the main spars. Such beautiful looking pieces, and now we get to countersink nearly every hole they have. I started with the -3 rivet head holes. My collar was still set to that depth which I discovered when I tried it on a scrap piece, so that part was nice.

Before adjusting the collar for a deeper sink (for the skin dimples), I looked ahead and notice the inboard areas of the spars also needed -3 rivet head sinking. Moved on to there. Two of them were not reachable with the collar, so I am appealing for help on the VAF forum to see what others did. 

Next we will continue with the countersinking for the skin dimples, and then for the -4 rivets and -6/-8 screw rivets. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment