Thursday, October 30, 2014

1059- Tailcone- p.10-5 step 1-2

Tailcone- 1 hr 31 mins (Tailcone 8:11, Empennage 144:43, Total 165:39)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 2,154)

I got home a bit early from work today. I assembled the last of the bulkhead/frames. This was the same as the other ones from previous days. The next step is to cut the stiffeners to size from the J-channels. An easy step, but with 12 pieces to cut, it takes some time. I'm out of time and need to get back to studying. Next step is to cut the ends of the 12 stiffeners at a 45 degree angle and then to deburr all the edges.

I noticed that as the deburring wheel has been used up, it is getting harder to maneuver these bigger pieces to get the edges done. Kids, don't try this at home. I modified my grinder to not have the housing around the wheel. I'll need to be extra careful now around it. I also noticed that it makes a lot more "wind" for lack of better words, and I'll need to be using my eye protection more diligently now. I'm not going to risk anything with my eyes around this machine. These are things that should be done anyway, but just doing my PSA portion of it. -M



No comments:

Post a Comment