Saturday, October 25, 2014

1056- Tailcone- p.10-2 step 2-6

Tailcone- 1 hr 25 mins (Tailcone 3:05, Empennage 139:37, Total 160:33)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 2,154)

The tailcone begins much like the other 4 assemblies have begun with a bunch of admin steps. Cut here, trim there, deburr a whole lot of edges. The first part was spent attaching the AEX tiedown that was previously made to the bulkhead walls. Then two pieces needed to be fabricated from bigger sections of pieces. It was pretty straightforward. However, I can tell I'm in a new workshop and that it has been quite some time since I worked on pieces. I spent some time familiarizing myself again with some of the tools and techniques, and I spent quite some time continuing to get used to the new arrangement of this shop, and the less than stellar lighting conditions. Either way, progress was made. So here's my first video in over 6 months! Next, I will try to get the priming of the elevator pieces done, so I can finish that assembly before I get too far in the weeds on the tailcone. Those pieces are taking up an entire shelf of storage and I'm sure are just dying to be put together again. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment