Thursday, April 3, 2014

1052- Elevators- p.9-9 step 3,5,6

Elevators - 2 hrs 2 mins (Elev. 26:41, Empennage 131:06, Total 145:02)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 2,154)

Every night a little closer. I spent an hour just scuffing the rest of the parts of the elevators. Also I dimpled all the rib halves, as well as the tip ribs. I am still missing the last three holes on each end of the E-903 tip ribs, and spent a few minutes trying to get the pop rivet dimple tool  to work. Even the mandrel for this tool is impossible to work with in such a tight space. Hopefully -E or -B have a vice grip dimpler at the airport because that's the only thing I've found online that works. I really don't want to spend $20 just for the modified grips, but I will if I have to. Lastly, I countersunk the trailing edge on both sides. Next I need to add bends to the lap joints on the skins and then I'll be skipping ahead a few pages to work on the trim tabs so i can get everything alodined and primed at the same time. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment