Wednesday, February 19, 2014

1039- H.Stab- p.8-13 step 1-2

Horizontal Stabilizer - 1 hr 59 mins (H.S. 45:41, Empennage 97:49, Total 111:45)
Rivet count: 132 (Total 1,356)

In the words of -L, I had a riveting time riveting tonight. I also grossly underestimated the 6 hours to finish the H.Stab yesterday. All of the rivets on the skin are individually placed and then I have to stand on a block of wood to give me the extra reach to get my arm and bucking bar inside. Of course, I'm basically blind on one side as I rivet, so each rivet takes a bit more time to get done correctly. But no worries. Each one is one rivet closer of the remaining ~600 for the H.Stab. Let's call it 9 more hours after tonight's work.

As far as the steps, I placed the final two inspar ribs on each end of the H.Stab and then riveted the skins to the front spar. Only managed to get the first half done tonight. I'll get the other side of the front spar tomorrow. -M


No comments:

Post a Comment