Monday, June 29, 2015

1075- Tailcone- p.10-11 step 3-5

Tailcone- 1 hr 21 mins (Tailcone 25:38, Empennage 201:10, Total 222:06)
Rivet count: 0 (Total 3,686)

The name of the game today was to drill. Every future rivet location that is common between the outer skins and the frames or bulkheads was matched up today. The bottom skin too...
Pretty simple work today. However, I made three significant observations tonight:

1) For every hole that was match-drilled (a lot of them), there are at least 4 surfaces that will need to be deburred. So that's three hours of deburring that will take place in the future that I'm really not looking forward to.

2) Now that I'm done with the side skins, the next stage of building involves adding the top skins to the assembly!! This means more drilling and deburring, yes. However, the aesthetic feedback of seeing a project slowly coming together is what I'm really looking forward to. 

3) I'm low on 3/32" clecos. The tailcone looks like Pinhead, but I'm going to need more clecos for the top skins. This means I'll have to spend some time rearranging clecos to use less while maintaining structural strength. I'm at one cleco every third rivet, so looks I'll be going to 1 per 4. I don't mind, it's just an observation of wasted time.

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment